[DISCONTINUED] HL8200USB Ruggedized TDR

Effective December 1, 2016, this product is no longer available for purchase. Existing customers should contact HYPERLABS for support.

The HL8200USB is an electrostatic-protected, single-ended TDR instrument designed for measuring electrical impedance in coaxial cables and other electrical systems in harsh electrostatic environments.

It generates a stimulus pulse with a 200 ps risetime and 14 µs duration and has one BNC output connector. It is powered and controlled via a single USB port. The included software allows operators to read and process test results on compatible Windows PCs*.

The HL8200USB is ruggedized to comply with Class 2 of the ESDS Component Sensitivity Classification (ESD STM5.1-1998). It is the perfect choice for testing in the field or on the factory floor.

NOTE: The new HL1101 is a direct replacement for this product, and will be suitable for all of the same applications. The HL1101 is compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows, while the HL8200USB only works in 32-bit versions of Windows.

Technical Specifications 

  • Risetime: 200 ps
  • Time Base Range: 14 µs
  • Time Resolution: 10.2 ps
  • Aberrations:
    • +10%, -5%, total of 15% peak-to-peak within the first 1 ns
    • +3%, -3%, total of 5% peak-to-peak after the first 1 ns
  • Input Protection to combat electrostatic discharge
  • Complies with Class 2 of the ESDS Component Sensitivity Classification (ESD STM5.1-1998)
  • One BNC output connector
  • Powered and controlled via USB
  • Software included for Windows PCs*
  • Dimensions: 139 x 94x 35 mm (5.49” x 3.7” x 1.37”)

* The included software is compatible with Windows XP and 32-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7. Virtual machine software (not included) is required to run the software in 64-bit versions of Windows.

Product Applications

  • Coaxial cable impedance measurement
  • Testing electrical systems in harsh electrostatic environments

Additional Resources

  • User Manual PDF
  • Instrument Software (32-bit Windows only) ZIP

Ordering and Shipping

Please see our current lead times for an estimated shipping date. 

Please contact us if you require an SMA connector or any other custom configuration.

Shipping charges will be calculated at time of purchase and are the responsibility of the buyer.

HL8200USB Ruggedized Single-ended USB-controlled TDR

Price: [DISCONTINUED]  |  Item #: HL8200USB

How to Buy

You can order through our website using with Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.

You can also request a written quotation.

Questions about this product?

Not sure this product fits your needs? Do you need something a little different? Please contact us and we'll help you figure it out.